Monday, May 11, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name

Question #4:

When in recent history did newly-married women begin keeping their maiden names, as opposed to taking their husband's name?

I've been married a little over 8 months now, and due to some crazy circumstances I haven't changed my name yet. Part of me wants to keep Laura Corinne Skowronski because I'm finally so used to it. When I was a kid, I always looked forward to getting married so I could shed the often-ridiculed monstrosity, but in recent years I've been more attuned to my Polish roots. Some friends think I should merely append Nattam to the already lengthy name, joking that if I am credited on screen (or anywhere, really) that my name would take up all the available space.

My husband likes the idea for the resulting initials, LCSN, noting that they sound much like some kind of news program. Will Carl Fredricksen fulfill his lifelong dream to see the wilds of South America? Live video feeds and an update from the 78-year-old balloonist, next, on LCSN...

No comments:

Post a Comment